Best Gum Regrowth Treatment
Foods For Healthy Teeth And Gums
If you are serious about your oral health, then you must start working on it now.The teeth are the first thing that people notice when we smile. When they’re yellow, chipped or cracked, you can’t stop people from criticizing them even if it is done funnily. Normally people would associate such teeth problems with not only poor oral health but also an unhealthy lifestyle. You don’t want people thinking this way about you.
According to dental research, drinking coffee and red wine can stain your teeth. Likewise, eating foods high in artificial sweeteners and starch can cause decay and gum problems. And if you don’t brush or floss your teeth regularly, your chances of getting these oral problems are even higher.Of course, you are not restricted to eating or drinking these foods, as long as you have proper oral hygiene and regular dental check-ups.
These dental problems won’t even be an issue if you just follow a diet containing foods for healthy teeth and gums. Apparently, these three foods are not the same in nutritional value, but they all increase saliva production in the mouth when chewed. Saliva neutralizes the bacteria and washes them away from your teeth.
Chewing also massages the gums which promote good blood circulation.Citrus fruits are rich sources of Vitamin C. Eating a variety of vitamin-C rich foods will help in strengthening your gums and teeth.
How? Vitamin C helps build, maintain and restore healthy connective tissue in the gums. Its anti-oxidant properties heal gum problems and keep them healthy and strong against further bacteria attacks.
Fruits that are particularly high in this vitamin are kiwis, strawberries, and tomatoes.
Calcium is essential for building healthy gums, teeth, bones, muscles and other parts and functions in the body. 99 percent of Calcium in our body is used in building strong bones and teeth, while the remaining 1 percent is distributed in the other parts of the body. But do you know that calcium is the one mineral that is mostly deficient in the average diet? Which is the reason why most periodontal diseases account for the lack of this mineral? Rich sources of Calcium are dairy products such as milk, cheese, and yogurt.
While it’s true that black tea stains the teeth, green tea, in particular, are very good for maintaining healthy gums and teeth.
Green tea contains Catechins that kills and removes bacteria in the teeth. It would be best if you can replace sodas or coffee with green tea to keep your gums and teeth healthy.Just ignore its smell, because onions are very good for your teeth. According to lab tests, onions kill several types of bacteria including the ones that cause tooth decay. So don’t miss to incorporate fresh onion slices on your salads.
Although not categorically identified as food for health rather a healing liquid, water plays a major role in maintaining healthy gums and teeth. Drinking several glasses of pure water every day will rinse off bacteria, sugars and food particles trapped in between teeth. It also neutralizes the acids produced by eating sweet foods.Like most of us, I have a love for great natural foods. It has been known for a very long time the natural foods harness the power to heal the body of many ailments and diseases. This is due to the many nutrients and vitamins that foods possess.
Many of us do not realize how deficient our bodies are in many of the essential nutrients that we need to keep our bodies healthy and at their best. Well, I want to help you discover the true healing power of foods and get you on track to a healthy lifestyle.